I had heard a lot of great things about Simon’s Wok. My friends have described it as a vegetarian restaurant with a chef that has the skills to make vegetarian ingredients taste like meat! How cool is that?! So I got a bunch of friends together, and made the trek over for dinner.
- I was able to make a reservation for 12 people easily – though we were the only guests in the restaurant for 90% of our meal
- The prices are very reasonable – most dishes under $10 – 6 of us shared about 6 dishes, three desserts and two drinks and the total was about $15 per person with tax and tip
- Service was efficient
- Food was tasty, if not a little on the salty side with all the soy sauce used
- Conveniently located – streetcar stop right in front of the restaurant
- Menu available online
- Green tea was free and regularly refilled
- Most drinks are $1 (pop, milk and juice)
The Not So Good
- Every item that was supposed to taste like meat tasted like egg and tofu. But then again, IT WAS egg and tofu. I don’t know how people tasted anything else
- You purchase the rice separately
- Found the food to be on the salty side
- No liquor license for those that like their liquor
Would I return?
No. There are plenty of Chinese restaurants in my area that serve very similar dishes for similar prices. Why make the trek?