I love bread pudding, but I had never made it myself before. So one evening while grocery shopping, I spotted a package of croissants on sale. The croissants were on sale for $1.99 for 6. So I bought 2 packages (12 in total), plus one block of Philadelphia cream cheese, 6 eggs, milk and sugar.
This is what I did:
1) I got a rectangular baking pan and sprayed it with cooking spray (at this time preheated the oven–I preheated it at 400 degrees)
2) I broke the croissants into pieces and put the pieces in the pan until the pan was filled with pieces of croissants
3) I blended (in blender) 3 cups of milk, 2 eggs and half a cup of sugar (sugar to taste–I do not like my desserts too sweet and I had planned to make a caramel sauce)
4) I poured mixture on to pan until all croissant pieces were soaked (**if not enough liquid mixture blend another cup of milk and one egg)
5) In stand mixer (you can also use a hand blender) I mixed the Philadelphia block, 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of sugar until creamy
6) I poured the cheese mixture onto the croissant and milk mixture and with a butter knife I swirled it around until evenly distributed
7) I put the pan in the oven and baked it until golden brown (approximately 30 minutes)
8) To make the caramel I followed this recipe.